The Art of the Positional Exchange Sacrifice
€25.13 without VAT (for Customers outside the EU)
$27.14 (without VAT)
The positional exchange sacrifice is one of the most powerful and fascinating strategic weapons in chess. On this DVD Sergey Tiviakov explains why the positional exchange sacrifice is such a strong weapon and how to use it. This DVD is based on 35 games or positions from the practice of the World Champions such as Tigran Petrosian, Mikhail Botvinnik, Garry Kasparov and other strong players who used the positional exchange sacrifice to initiate brilliant attacks or defend difficult positions. Sergey Tiviakov also presents games of his own which show what he has learned from the games of the World Champion. A quiz with exercises invites you to test your strength and to check what you learned. The DVD is suitable for players of all levels.
• Video running time: 4 h 21 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Extra: Database with 50 model games
• Including CB 12 Reader
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 12/Fritz 13 or included Reader and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
- 01: Introduction - Nimzowitsch Position [14:50]
- 02: Reshevsky,S - Petrosian,T [11:54]
- 03: Petrosian,T - Gligoric,S [07:11]
- 04: Portisch,L - Petrosian,T [08:52]
- 05: Tal,M - Petrosian,T [09:49]
- 06: Sacrificing the Exchange for a Center Pawn, Part 1 - Dunaev - Petrosian,T; Aleksic,N - Tiviakov,S [10:30]
- 07: Sacrificing the Exchange for a Center Pawn, Part 2 - Troianescu,O - Petrosian,T [09:03]
- 08: Parma,B - Petrosian,T [05:59]
- 09: Razuvaev,Y - Tiviakov,S [13:00]
- 10: Tiviakov,S - Van der Weide,K [12:04]
- 11: Tiviakov,S - Miton,K [10:36]
- 12: Anand,V - Tiviakov,S [07:05]
- 13: Spassky,B - Petrosian,T [14:41]
- 14: Kasparov,G - Shirov,A [08:16]
- 15: Tiviakov,S - Atalik,S [03:22]
- 16: Tolush,A - Botvinnik,M Part 1 [07:56]
- 17: Geller,E - Averbakh,Y [07:54]
- 18: Two Modern Games - Wang,H - Timofeev,A; Grachev,B - Grigoryan,A [10:55]
- 19: Tolush,A - Botvinnik,M Part 2 [07:04]
- 20: Two Games - Beliavsky,A - Bareev,E; Miles,A - Gligoric,S [06:55]
- 21: Two Games by Gligoric - Gligoric,S - Nicevski,R; Gligoric,S - Portisch,L [09:34]
- 22: Three Games by Petrosian - Petrosian,T - Sosonko,G; Petrosian,T - Kurajica,B; Petrosian,T - Rashkovsky,N [06:13]
- 23: Mecking,H - Petrosian,T; Huebner,R - Petrosian,T [07:12]
- 24: Four Games by Botvinnik - Botvinnik,M - Ree,H; Botvinnik,M - Portisch,L; Botvinnik,M - Polugaevsky,L; Gipslis,A - Botvinnik,M [12:19]
- 25: Sacrificing the Exchange to Attack - Gobleja,K - Tiviakov,S [02:21]
- 26: Conclusion [01:21]
- 27: Test 1 [02:08]
- 28: Test 2 [03:08]
- 29: Test 3 [04:49]
- 30: Test 4 [02:59]
- 31: Test 5 [04:10]
- 32: Test 6 [03:20]
- 33: Test 7 [02:38]
- 34: Test 8 [04:27]
- 35: Test 9 [02:36]
- 36: Test 10 [03:58]
Often ordered with...
Pattern Recognition and Typical Plans
by Adrian Mikhalchishin
On this DVD GM Adrian Mikhalchishin presents games of the World Champions of the past to explain typical patterns and strategic concepts of these games and to show how grandmasters apply these ideas today.
Typical mistakes by 1600-1900 players
by Nicholas Pert
Some mistakes repeat themselves often in amateur games. With themes such as "Miscalculating Forcing Lines", "Being Too Materialistic" and "King Safety" Nick Pert shows you how to avoid making typical mistakes.
Pawn structures you should know
by Adrian Mikhalchishin
Every pawn structure has its typical plans and to know these plans helps you to find your way in these positions. On this DVD Mikhalchishin presents and explains the most common central structures: The Hedgehog, the Maroczy, Hanging pawns and the Isolani.
The English Opening Vol. 1
by Simon Williams
Williams main teaching method behind this set of two DVDs is to teach you some simple yet effective set ups, without the need to rely on memorising numerous complicated variations.