The Tactical Chigorin
€25.13 without VAT (for Customers outside the EU)
$27.14 (without VAT)
Opening with the Chigorin shows your intention to play for a win right from the outset. After 2...Nc6 Black’s pieces fly into the game putting pressure on White’s position from a very early stage. This opening is ideal for the type of player who strives for an unconvential yet attacking game right from the start.
Named after the 19th century Russian Grandmaster, Mikhail Chigorin. Chigorin was one of the only top GM’s to prefer Knights over Bishops, showing the inconvential nature of the opening. The Chigorin has also been employed by a number of modern day Mavericks: Alexander Morozevich and Richard Rapport being two notible names. This DVD will take you through all the things you need to know in order to play this opening in a fun and exciting way. Simon Williams describes all the main concepts that you will need to know; so even if you forget the actual moves you will have the right reasoning already imprinted in your mind. There is lots of fun to be had with this DVD, and you will also be a stronger player after watching.
• Video running time: 6 hours 19 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Exclusive database with additional games
• Including CB 12 Reader
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 12/Fritz 13 or included Reader and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
- The Tactical Chigorin: 1.d4 d5 2.c4 Nc6
- 01: Introduction and overview [13:58]
- 02: Historic Game - Pillsbury,H - Chigorin,M [12:23]
- Part 1: 3.cxd5 Qxd5
- 03: Introduction [12:36]
- 04: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.Bxc3 exd4 8.Ne2 Nf6 9.Nxd4 0-0 10.Nb5 Qg5 11.Nxc7 Bg4 12.Qb3 Rad8 - Part 1 Husari,S - Lyell,M [17:17]
- 05: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.Bxc3 exd4 8.Ne2 Nf6 9.Nxd4 0-0 10.Nb5 Qg5 11.Nxc7 Bg4 12.Qb3 Rad8 13.Qxb7- Part 2 Husari,S - Lyell,M [10:52]
- 06: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.Bxc3 exd4 8.Ne2 Nf6 9.Nxd4 0-0 - Sidelines - Kishnev,S - Rabiega,R [09:53]
- 07: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.Bxc3 exd4 8.Ne2 Nf6 9.Nxd4 0-0 10.Nb5 Qg5 11.h4 Qh6 12.Be2/Qf3 - Rogozenco,D - Morozevich,A [12:20]
- 08: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.Bxc3 exd4 8.Ne2 Nf6 9.Nxd4 0-0 10.Nb5 Qg5 11.h4 Qh6 12.Nxc7 - Santos,A - Perez Mitjans,O [11:57]
- 09: 4.Nf3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.Bxc3 e4 - Tuzhik,A - Zablotsky,S [14:22]
- 10: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.bxc3 Nf6 8.f3 0-0 - Piket,J - Morozevich,A [20:07]
- 11: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.bxc3 Nf6 8.f3 e4 - Malakhatko,V - Miladinovic,I [05:23]
- 12: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.bxc3 Nf6 8.c4 Qd6 9.d5 Ne7 - Lacrosse,M - Miladinovic,I [13:03]
- 13: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.Bd2 Bxc3 7.bxc3 Nf6 8.c4/Qb3/Nf3 - Ljubojevic,L - Morozevich,A [15:52]
- 14: 4.e3 e5 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.a3 Bxc3 7.bxc3 Nf6 8.c4 Qd6 9.d5 Nb8/Ne7 - Wojtaszek,R - Rapport,R [19:52]
- Part 2: 3.Nf3
- 15: Introduction [15:33]
- 16: 3.Nf3 e5 4.Nxe5 Nxe5 5.dxe5 d4 6.g3/e3/e4 - Lotscher,R - Williams,S [19:02]
- 17: 3.Nf3 Bg4 4.Nc3 and Sidelines 4.e3/Qa4 - Nenashev,A - Rabiega,R [13:49]
- 18: 3.Nf3 Bg4 4.cxd5 Bxf3 5.gxf3 Qxd5 6.e3 e5 7.Nc3 Bb4 8.Bd2 Bxc3 9.bxc3 Qd6 10.Rb1 0-0-0 - Hammer,J - Rapport,R [25:48]
- 19: 3.Nf3 Bg4 4.cxd5 Bxf3 5.gxf3 Qxd5 6.e3 e6 7.Nc3 Qh5 - Brunner,L - Short,N [13:53]
- Part 3: 3.Nc3
- 20: Introduction [08:56]
- 21: 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.cxd5 Introduction and 4.Nf3 dxc4 5.e4 Bg4 6.Be3 e6 and 5.d5 Na5 6.Qa4+ c6 - Navara,D - Rapport,R [18:47]
- 22: 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.cxd5 Nxd5 5.Nf3 e5 6.dxe5 Bb4 7.Bd2 Nxc3 8.bxc3 Ba5 9.e3 0-0 - Aronian,L - Rapport,R [08:21]
- Part 4: Sidelines
- 23: 1.d4 d5 2.c4 Nc6 3.e3 e5 4.dxe5 d4/dxc4 - Kostenko,P - Ma,Q [11:05]
- 24: 1.d4 d5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bf4/Bg5/g3 - Adorjan,A - Morozevich,A [08:07]
- 25: Conclusion [04:12]
- Quiz section
- 26: Test 1 [08:33]
- 27: Test 2 [03:56]
- 28: Test 3 [05:22]
- 29: Test 4 [01:25]
- 30: Test 5 [03:00]
- 31: Test 6 [05:04]
- 32: Test 7 [03:25]
- 33: Test 8 [01:58]
- 34: Test 9 [02:42]
- 35: Test 10 [01:26]
- 36: Test 11 [01:59]
Often ordered with...
The London System with 2.Bf4
by Simon Williams
"Simple yet aggressive!" Enjoy this new exciting DVD by Simon Williams. Let the famouns Grandmaster from England show you how to gain a very exciting yet well founded opening game with the London System (1.d4 d5 2.Bf4).
The Accelerated London with 2.Bf4
by Nigel Davies
On this DVD Nigel Davies explores these fascinating plans which give the London System a lot of bite and offer scope for creativity.
The Dutch Stonewall - A fighting repertoire against 1.d4
by Erwin l'Ami
In the Dutch Stonewall Black from the very first move fights for the initiative. Let Erwin l’Ami take you on a fascinating journey to the depth and attractions of this unique opening. At the end you will be rewarded with a new repertoire against 1.d4!
The English Opening Vol. 1
by Simon Williams
Williams main teaching method behind this set of two DVDs is to teach you some simple yet effective set ups, without the need to rely on memorising numerous complicated variations.