The Art of the Positional Exchange Sacrifice
€25.13 without VAT (for Customers outside the EU)
$30.85 (without VAT)
The positional exchange sacrifice is one of the most powerful and fascinating strategic weapons in chess. On this DVD Sergey Tiviakov explains why the positional exchange sacrifice is such a strong weapon and how to use it. This DVD is based on 35 games or positions from the practice of the World Champions such as Tigran Petrosian, Mikhail Botvinnik, Garry Kasparov and other strong players who used the positional exchange sacrifice to initiate brilliant attacks or defend difficult positions. Sergey Tiviakov also presents games of his own which show what he has learned from the games of the World Champion. A quiz with exercises invites you to test your strength and to check what you learned. The DVD is suitable for players of all levels.
• Video running time: 4 h 21 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Extra: Database with 50 model games
• Including CB 12 Reader
Minimum: Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1, DirectX11, graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 14/Fritz 16 or included Reader and internet access for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel i5 (Quadcore), 4 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX11, graphics card with 512 MB RAM or more, 100% DirectX10-compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet access for program activation.
- 01: Introduction - Nimzowitsch Position [14:50]
- 02: Reshevsky,S - Petrosian,T [11:54]
- 03: Petrosian,T - Gligoric,S [07:11]
- 04: Portisch,L - Petrosian,T [08:52]
- 05: Tal,M - Petrosian,T [09:49]
- 06: Sacrificing the Exchange for a Center Pawn, Part 1 - Dunaev - Petrosian,T; Aleksic,N - Tiviakov,S [10:30]
- 07: Sacrificing the Exchange for a Center Pawn, Part 2 - Troianescu,O - Petrosian,T [09:03]
- 08: Parma,B - Petrosian,T [05:59]
- 09: Razuvaev,Y - Tiviakov,S [13:00]
- 10: Tiviakov,S - Van der Weide,K [12:04]
- 11: Tiviakov,S - Miton,K [10:36]
- 12: Anand,V - Tiviakov,S [07:05]
- 13: Spassky,B - Petrosian,T [14:41]
- 14: Kasparov,G - Shirov,A [08:16]
- 15: Tiviakov,S - Atalik,S [03:22]
- 16: Tolush,A - Botvinnik,M Part 1 [07:56]
- 17: Geller,E - Averbakh,Y [07:54]
- 18: Two Modern Games - Wang,H - Timofeev,A; Grachev,B - Grigoryan,A [10:55]
- 19: Tolush,A - Botvinnik,M Part 2 [07:04]
- 20: Two Games - Beliavsky,A - Bareev,E; Miles,A - Gligoric,S [06:55]
- 21: Two Games by Gligoric - Gligoric,S - Nicevski,R; Gligoric,S - Portisch,L [09:34]
- 22: Three Games by Petrosian - Petrosian,T - Sosonko,G; Petrosian,T - Kurajica,B; Petrosian,T - Rashkovsky,N [06:13]
- 23: Mecking,H - Petrosian,T; Huebner,R - Petrosian,T [07:12]
- 24: Four Games by Botvinnik - Botvinnik,M - Ree,H; Botvinnik,M - Portisch,L; Botvinnik,M - Polugaevsky,L; Gipslis,A - Botvinnik,M [12:19]
- 25: Sacrificing the Exchange to Attack - Gobleja,K - Tiviakov,S [02:21]
- 26: Conclusion [01:21]
- 27: Test 1 [02:08]
- 28: Test 2 [03:08]
- 29: Test 3 [04:49]
- 30: Test 4 [02:59]
- 31: Test 5 [04:10]
- 32: Test 6 [03:20]
- 33: Test 7 [02:38]
- 34: Test 8 [04:27]
- 35: Test 9 [02:36]
- 36: Test 10 [03:58]
Often ordered with...
The Art of Defence
by Sergei Tiviakov
The purpose of this DVD is to explain the viewer all main methods of defence: exchanging pieces, creating a fortress, eliminating dangerous enemy pieces, escaping the danger zone with the king, improving the position of the pieces.
Pattern Recognition and Typical Plans
by Adrian Mikhalchishin
On this DVD GM Adrian Mikhalchishin presents games of the World Champions of the past to explain typical patterns and strategic concepts of these games and to show how grandmasters apply these ideas today.
Realizing an Advantage
by Sergei Tiviakov
In this DVD the author answers how to realize an advantage, considering both the psychological aspects of the realisation of an advantage and the technical methods.
The London System with 2.Bf4
by Simon Williams
"Simple yet aggressive!" Enjoy this new exciting DVD by Simon Williams. Let the famouns Grandmaster from England show you how to gain a very exciting yet well founded opening game with the London System (1.d4 d5 2.Bf4).
Pawn structures you should know
by Adrian Mikhalchishin
Every pawn structure has its typical plans and to know these plans helps you to find your way in these positions. On this DVD Mikhalchishin presents and explains the most common central structures: The Hedgehog, the Maroczy, Hanging pawns and the Isolani.