The Elephant Gambit
The Elephant Gambit (1.e4.e5 2.Nf3 d5!?) has never really been given the attention it deserves. It is a very useful surprise weapon. Let us list the advantages of playing this particular opening: 1) Shock value 2) It is very aggressive. Black can take over the initiative early. 3) Many tricky lines 4) Unorthodox. Black is basically taking the game to the opponent as early as move two. Not many openings do that! It's a perfect opening for young players and club players to adopt. Let Andrew Martin select a repertoire for you on this 60 mins, which, if used with discretion, will rack up the points. I am sure that you will enjoy this unusual tour of the Elephant Gambit.
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 12/Fritz 13 or included Reader and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
- Elephant Gambit 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 d5
- 01: INTRO [01:33]
- 02: Variations Intro [01:12]
- 03: 3.Nxe5 Bd6 4.d4 exd4 5.Nc3 Bxe5 - Mondon,F - Skatchkov,P [03:50]
- 04: 3.Nxe5 Bd6 4.d4 exd4 5.Bc4 Bxe5 - Dzierzak,R - Barglowski,F [07:07]
- 05: 3.Nxe5 Bd6 4.d4 exd4 5.Nc4 Nf6 6.Nc3/Nxd6 - Nadanian,A - Skatchkov,P [07:26]
- 06: 3.Nxe5 Bd6 4.d4 exd4 5.Nc4 Nf6 6.Be2 0-0 - Potapov,P - Skatchkov,P [05:32]
- 07: 3.exd5 Bd6 4.d4 e4 5.Ne5 Nf6 6.Nc3 0-0/6.Bc4 Nbd7 - Del Castilho,D - Corbin,P [09:12]
- 08: 3.exd5 Bd6 4.d4 e4 5.Ne5 Nf6 6.Nc3 Nbd7 - Bulla,J - Karker,N [03:55]
- 09: 3.exd5 Bd6 4.d4 e4 5.Ne5 Nf6 6.Nc3 Nbd7 - Righi,E - Corbin,P [05:16]
- 10: 3.exd5 Bd6 4.d4 e4 5.Ne5 Nf6 6.Bb5+ Nbd7 - Ricci Marco,J - Bonato,M [06:45]
- 11: 3.exd5 Bd6 4.d4 e4 5.Ne5 Nf6 6.c4 Qe7 - Howell,D - Turner,J [07:16]
- 12: 3.Nc3 d4 4.Ne2 Nc6 5.Ng3 h5 - Andersen,S - Karker,N [07:55]
- 13: Summary [00:50]
Often ordered with...
A solid Scandinavian Surprise
by Andrew Martin
Accompany FIDE Senior Trainer and IM Andrew Martin on this 60 mins video. You can learn a new opening system in 60 mins and start to play it with confidence on the very same day!
The London System with 2.Bf4
by Simon Williams
"Simple yet aggressive!" Enjoy this new exciting DVD by Simon Williams. Let the famouns Grandmaster from England show you how to gain a very exciting yet well founded opening game with the London System (1.d4 d5 2.Bf4).
The Two Knights - A tricky repertoire for White
by Andrew Martin
This entry into the 60 minutes series concentrates on the Modern variation of the Italian game where White opens the centre early : 1 e4 e5 2 Nf3 Nc6 3 Bc4 Nf6 4 d4 exd4 5 e5!