The Bishop's Opening and The Italian Game
€25.13 without VAT (for Customers outside the EU)
$27.14 (without VAT)
Several years ago ChessBase released a DVD focusing on attacking in the Italian Game and Ruy Lopez – it was met with a great deal of positive feedback. Based on the overwhelming number of reader requests, we decided to get to work on another DVD on the subject, concentrating not only on the attacking ideas, but also providing a complete repertoire for White players in both the Bishop’s Opening & the Italian Game - avoiding the very unpleasant Petroff. Studying the content of this DVD and adding these openings to your repertoire will provide players with a very strong tool to fight 1...e5 - as the practice of the author clearly demonstrates. With a score of 75% based on 151 games, both openings score higher than average. The DVD contains several databases, including separate files with high-quality annotated games and games played by the author not yet published anywhere else. The main database (a compilation of all currently available games) contains 385,000 entries – so you need nothing other than this DVD to master the Bishop’s Opening & the Italian Game!
• Video running time: 4 hours 15 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Exclusive database with 385.000 games
• Including CB 12 Reader
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 12/Fritz 13 or included Reader and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
- The Bishop's Opening
- 01: Introduction. Side lines after 1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 - 2...c6, 2...f5 and 2...Bc5 - Video analysis [17:24]
- 02: Side lines after 1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Nf6 3.d3 (besides 3...c6) - Video analysis [16:04]
- 03: Side lines after 1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Nf6 3.d3 c6 4.Nf3 (besides 4...d5) - Video analysis [10:36]
- 04: Side lines after 1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Nf6 3.d3 c6 4.Nf3 d5 5.Bb3 (besides 5...Bd6) - Video analysis [18:30]
- 05: Main line 1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Nf6 3.d3 c6 4.Nf3 d5 5.Bb3 Bd6 and conclusion - Video analysis [20:01]
- The Italian Game
- 06: Introduction. Side lines after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 - Video analysis [11:54]
- 07: Side lines after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.c3 and 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.d3 - Video analysis [33:35]
- 08: 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.d3 Be7 - Video analysis [23:08]
- 09: 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.d3 Bc5 5.c3. All moves besides 5...a6 - Video analysis [17:13]
- 10: 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.d3 Bc5 5.c3 a6. Explanation of plans - Video analysis [18:34]
- 11: Quiet (with 0-0, Be3) and active (h3, Nbd2 etc) plans for White - Video analysis [30:22]
- 12: 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.d3 Bc5 5.c3 a6 6.Bb3 Ba7 7.h3 d6 8.Nbd2 Ne7 9.Nf1 Ng6 10.Ng3 0-0 11.0-0 h6 - Video analysis [08:41]
- 13: Conclusion [03:24]
- Test positions
- 14: Position 1 [03:52]
- 15: Position 2 [04:19]
- 16: Position 3 [04:41]
- 17: Position 4 [03:39]
- 18: Position 5 [03:33]
- 19: Position 6 [03:33]
- 20: Position 7 [03:02]
- 21: Position 8 [02:55]
- 22: Position 9 [03:08]
- 23: Position 10 [02:07]
Often ordered with...
The London System with 2.Bf4
by Simon Williams
"Simple yet aggressive!" Enjoy this new exciting DVD by Simon Williams. Let the famouns Grandmaster from England show you how to gain a very exciting yet well founded opening game with the London System (1.d4 d5 2.Bf4).
Attacking with the Italian Game and the Ruy Lopez
by Sergei Tiviakov
The purpose of this DVD is to teach players how to conduct the attack on the black king using different methods. Although the Italian Game and the Ruy Lopez are mostly positional openings, it is very often possible to make use of attacking methods of play
King's Indian: A modern approach
by Viktor Bologan
Bologan: "If you study this DVD carefully and solve the interactive exercises you will also enrich your chess vocabulary, your King’s Indian vocabulary, build up confidence in the King’s Indian and your chess and win more games."
The English Opening Vol. 2
by Simon Williams
Williams main teaching method behind this set of two DVDs is to teach you some simple yet effective set ups, without the need to rely on memorising numerous complicated variations.
The modern Grand Prix Attack
by Lawrence Trent
This DVD will provide you with a comprehensive repertoire that explores all of Black’s ideas against the Grand Prix set up. My recommendations include a number of lines which are relatively unexplored by theory, and I have analysed them extensively.