The ChessBase Magazine is the most comprehensive and most sophisticated chess magazine there is. World class players analyze their brilliancies and explain the ideas behind the moves to you, opening specialists present the latest trends in opening theory and offer exciting ideas for your repertoire. Master trainers in the fields of tactics, strategy, and the endgame show you the tricks and techniques a successful tournament player needs! DVD with several hours of video + booklet.
1. From world champion to chess player: Magnus Carlsen annotates his win against Michael Adams.
2. Sicilian pearl from Wijk: Fabiano Caruana demonstrates how he outplayed van Wely.
3. Simple but effective: Sergei Tiviakov introduces 2.d3 as a weapon against the Caro-Kann (video).
4. Tactics are not just about attacking – in Oliver Reeh’s video the focus is on a Saving Defensive Idea.
5. Active against 1.d4: Valeri Bronznik reveals to you the subtleties of the Chigorin Defence (1.d4 d5 2.c4 Nc6).
6. In Rubinstein’s footsteps: Robert Ris presents a surprise weapon against the Blumenfeld Gambit.
7. The best of Gibraltar: checkmate Short – with the moves of Indian woman player Harika! (interactive video - Move by Move)
8. Promoted in Wijk thanks to a smashing move: Adhiban shows his spectacular victory over Abasov.
9. Getting to know Wei Yi: piece sacrifice, attack, mate. Daniel King demonstrates the attack on the king by the Chinese super-talent against David Navara.
10. Knight or bishop – which is the better blockader? Mihail Marin widens your knowledge about the subject of the "Blockade".
Marin: Reti/English Double Fianchetto A05
Schipkov: English A25
Szabo: King’s Indian - London System A48
Moskalenko: Dutch A80
Gormally: French C06
Langrock: French C11
Stohl: Grünfeld Reversed D02
Bronznik: Chigorin Defence D07
Kuzmin: Slav D10
Krasenkow: Grünfeld Defence D85
Postny: Catalan E01
Ris: Blumenfeld Gambit E10