The editor’s top ten
1. Win with Plan B: Aronian analyses his game against Naiditsch at the Grenke Classic: with an exchange sacrifice, a king hunt and an alternative solution.
2. This is how child prodigies think: 12-year old Nihal Sarin from India presents for you his win over GM Bluebaum (video).
3. “The lurking bishop”: Enjoy the tactical fireworks with Oliver Reeh and solve his favourite combination with really masterly moves! (Interactive video)
4. “Strategically completely irrational”: Mihail Marin shows you what has been happening in recent years in the French Winawer Variation.
5. Speculative and spectacular: Enjoy Kramnik’s rook sacrifice for three pawns and a consternated Harikrishna!
6. The pawn as a curse: Test your endgame technique and together with Karsten Müller find the narrow pathway to the draw. (interactive video)
7. Triumph in Poikovsky: Emil Sutovsky (7 out of 9) analyses in great detail his first round win against the previous years’ victor: Sutovsky-Korobov
8. Sharp update: Let Erwin l'Ami show you fantastic new ideas for White and Black in the Two Knights Defence. (video)
9. Popular and dangerous: Adhiban delivers with his attacking win over Swayans further proof for the potential of Queen’s Pawn games.
10. Declining the gambit and still getting an advantage: Krisztian Szabo knows why you do not need to fear 3…f5 in the Ruy Lopez.
Recommendations for your repertoire
Papp: Scandinavian B01 (Recommendation for White)
Schandorff: Caro-Kann B19 (Recommendation for Black)
Stohl: Sicilian B55 (Recommendation for Black)
Ris: Sicilian B76 (Recommendation for White)
Souleidis: French C01 (Recommendation for White)
Kosintseva: French C15 (Recommendation for White)
Lampert: Scotch C45 (Recommendation for Black)
Szabo Ruy Lopez C63 (Recommendation for White)
Kuzmin: Slav Defence D15 (Recommendation for White)
Postny: Queen's Indian E12 (Recommendation for Black)
Quintiliano: King's Indian E94 (Recommendation for White)