The Beasty Botvinnik Variation in the Semi-Slav!
€25.13 without VAT (for Customers outside the EU)
$27.14 (without VAT)
Ever wanted to release your inner Tal or Shirov? This is your chance! On this DVD you will be taken on a journey through what is arguably the sharpest opening line known to men: the Botvinnik Variation! Ever since its birth, in the late 30’s of the previous century, the Botvinnik Variation has fascinated generations of dynamic players. To date, the opening is very much alive and is considered the sharpest and most principled way to meet 5.Bg5 in the Semi-Slav.
• Video running time: 6 h 26 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Extra: Database with relevant games and a database with analysed theory by the author
• Including CB Reader
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 12/Fritz 13 or included Reader and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
- The Botvinnik Variation: 1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nf3 Nf6 4.Nc3 e6 5.Bg5 dxc4
- 01: Introduction [02:22]
- Strategic Section
- 02: Birth of a variation - Video analysis [09:47]
- 03: The Endgame - Video analysis [21:16]
- 04: The King - Video analysis [10:19]
- 05: Knight on d3- Video analysis [05:06]
- 06: Queen sacrifices - Video analysis [10:09]
- Theoretical Section
- 07: 6.a4- Video analysis [10:00]
- 08: 6.e4 b5 7.a4 Qb6- Video analysis [05:23]
- 09: 6.e4 b5 7.e5 h6 8.Bh4 g5 9.exf6 gxh4 10.Ne5 Qxf6- Video analysis [08:53]
- Main Line: 6.e4 b5 7.e5 h6 8.Bh4 g5 9.Nxg5 hxg5 10.Bxg5 Nbd7 11.exf6 Bb7 12.g3 c5 13.d5 Qb6 14.Bg2 0-0-0 15.0-0 b4
- 10: Intro and move orders- Video analysis [09:52]
- 11: 16.Rb1 Qa6 17.dxe6 Bxg2 18.e7 Bxf1 - Uhlmann Variation- Video analysis [11:56]
- 12: 16.Rb1 Qa6 17.dxe6 Bxg2 18.e7 Bxf1 19.Qd5 side lines- Video analysis [24:03]
- 13: 16.Rb1 Qa6 17.dxe6 Bxg2 18.e7 Bxf1 19.Qd5 Bxe7 - Video analysis [08:26]
- 14: 16.Rb1 Qa6 17.dxe6 Bxg2 18.e7 Bxf1 19.Kxf1 side lines- Video analysis [12:25]
- 15: 16.Rb1 Qa6 17.dxe6 Bxg2 18.e7 Bxf1 19.Kxf1 Bxe7- Video analysis [12:28]
- 16: 16.Rb1 Qa6 17.dxe6 Bxg2 18.e7 Bxf1 19.Kxf1 Qc6- Video analysis [20:54]
- 17: 16.Na4 Qb5 17.a3 exd5 18.axb4 cxb4 side lines- Video analysis [16:25]
- 18: 16.Na4 Qb5 17.a3 exd5 18.axb4 cxb4 19.Be3 Nc5- Video analysis [12:58]
- 19: 16.Na4 Qb5 17.a3 exd5 18.axb4 cxb4 19.Be3 Bd6 - Video analysis [08:41]
- 20: 16.Na4 Qb5 17.a3 exd5 18.axb4 cxb4 19.Bf4- Video analysis [18:21]
- 21: 16.Na4 Qa6 17.a3 Bxd5 18.Bxd5 Ne5 19.Nxc5 - Video analysis [09:41]
- 22: 16.Na4 Qa6 17.a3 Bxd5 18.Bxd5 Ne5 19.axb4 - Video analysis [12:11]
- 23: Theoretical Overview - Video analysis [08:12]
- Test Section
- Interactive Games
- 24: Shirov,A - Piket,J [16:44]
- 25: Polugaevsky,L - Torre,E [23:47]
- 26: Kasparov,G - Ivanchuk,V [14:24]
- 27: Kramnik,V - Ehlvest,J [10:14]
- 28: Yermolinsky,A - Shabalov,A [14:32]
- 29: Quiz 1 - Javakhashvili,L - l'Ami,E [01:31]
- 30: Quiz 2 - Van Wely,L - l'Ami,E [01:52]
- 31: Quiz 3 - Rubio Mejia,L - Arauz Alonso,F [02:23]
- 32: Quiz 4 - l'Ami,E - Okkes,M [03:47]
- 33: Quiz 5 - Kamsky,G - Shirov,A [02:42]
- 34: Quiz 6 - Kamsky,G - Shirov,A [01:46]
- 35: Quiz 7 - Ivanchuk,V - Shirov,A [01:07]
- 36: Quiz 8 - Shirov,A - Piket,J [02:10]
- 37: Quiz 9 - Shirov,A - Piket,J [01:28]
- 38: Quiz 10 - Khalifman,A - Ivanchuk,V [01:42]
- 39: Outro [02:08]
Often ordered with...
by GM Peter Heine Nielsen
The Semi-Slav (1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nf3 Nf6 4.Nc3 e6) can arise via various move orders, has decided World Championships, and is one of Black’s most fascinating replies to 1 d4. Nielsen explains in detail what this opening is all about.
The London System with 2.Bf4
by Simon Williams
"Simple yet aggressive!" Enjoy this new exciting DVD by Simon Williams. Let the famouns Grandmaster from England show you how to gain a very exciting yet well founded opening game with the London System (1.d4 d5 2.Bf4).
The Fashionable Caro-Kann Vol.1
by Vidit Gujrathi
The dynamic play based on a strong strategic foundation has always fascinated me, and in these DVDs I have suggested the lines which I personally prefer and employ in practice.
The Tactical Chigorin
by Simon Williams
Opening with the Chigorin shows your intention to play for a win right from the outset. After 2...Nc6 Black’s pieces fly into the game putting pressure on White’s position from a very early stage.
The Dutch Stonewall - A fighting repertoire against 1.d4
by Erwin l'Ami
In the Dutch Stonewall Black from the very first move fights for the initiative. Let Erwin l’Ami take you on a fascinating journey to the depth and attractions of this unique opening. At the end you will be rewarded with a new repertoire against 1.d4!