The Dutch Stonewall - A fighting repertoire against 1.d4
€25.13 without VAT (for Customers outside the EU)
$27.14 (without VAT)
When opening theory is growing exponentially, it is great to have an opening that is mainly based on ideas: the Dutch Stonewall! Players such as Mikhail Botwinnik and Magnus Carlsen liked this system, in which Black from the very first move fights for the initiative. On this DVD Grandmaster Erwin l’Ami, second of world class player Anish Giri, takes the viewer on a fascinating journey to show him the depth and attractions of this attractive opening. At the end of the journey you will have a new fighting repertoire against 1.d4!
• Video running time: 5 h 26 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Extra: Database with 50 model games
• Including CB 12 Reader
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 12/Fritz 13 or included Reader and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
- 01: Introduction [02:55]
- 02: Typical Manouevres - Bd7-e8-h5 - Video analysis [09:58]
- 03: Typical Ideas - dxc4 followed by c5 - Video analysis [11:20]
- 04: Typical Ideas - Bxe5 dxe5 - Video analysis [12:12]
- 05: Typical Ideas - h6 followed by g5 - Video analysis [08:45]
- 06: Typical Ideas - cxd5 - Video analysis [11:48]
- 07: Typical Ideas - c4-c5 - Video analysis [08:21]
- Main Line: 1.d4 f5 2.g3 Nf6 3.Bg2 e6 4.c4 d5 5.Nf3 c6 6.0-0 Bd6
- 08: Main Line - various 7th Moves - Video analysis [17:00]
- 09: Main Line - 7.b3 Qe7 8.Bb2 0-0 - Video analysis [13:02]
- 10: Main Line - 7.b3 Qe7 8.Bb2 b6 - Video analysis [10:03]
- 11: Main Line - 7.b3 Qe7 8.Ne5 - Video analysis [17:34]
- 12: Main Line - 7.b3 0-0 - Video analysis [12:06]
- 13: Main Line - 7.Bf4 - Video analysis [16:55]
- 1.d4 f5 2.g3 Nf6 3.Bg2 e6 4.c4 d5 5.Nf3 Bd6
- 14: New move order delaying c6 - 1.d4 f5 2.g3 Nf6 3.Bg2 e6 4.c4 d5 5.Nf3 Bd6 - Video analysis [12:39]
- 15: Main Line - 6.0-0 0-0 7.Qc2 c6 8.Ne5 - Video analysis [10:03]
- 16: Main Line - 6.0-0 0-0 7.Qc2 c6 8.Nc3 Ne4 and other 8th moves - Video analysis [10:24]
- 17: Main Line - 6.0-0 0-0 7.Qc2 c6 8.Nc3 Qe7 - Video analysis [10:59]
- 18: Stonewall - 4.Nh3 or 4.c4 c6 5.Nh3 d6 - Video analysis [08:18]
- 19: Stonewall - 4.c4 d5 5.Nh3 c6 - Video analysis [08:58]
- 20: Stonewall - 4.c4 d5 5.Nh3 Bd6 - Video analysis [05:53]
- 21: Move orders tricks - Video analysis [05:19]
- 22: Stonewall sidelines - 1.Nf3 - Video analysis [05:44]
- 23: Stonewall sidelines - 1.d4 f5 2.c4 Nf6 3.Nc3 e6 4.Qc2 - Video analysis [05:41]
- 24: Stonewall sidelines - 1.d4 f5 2.c4 Nf6 3.Nc3 e6 4.e3 - Video analysis [10:23]
- 25: Theoretical overview - Video analysis [05:54]
- Interactive games
- 26: Anand,V - Schmittdiel,E [19:53]
- 27: Aronian,L - Tomashevsky,E [16:51]
- 28: Anand,V - Carlsen,M [16:44]
- 29: Vitiugov,N - Agdestein,S [12:18]
- 30: Outro [01:21]
Often ordered with...
The London System with 2.Bf4
by Simon Williams
"Simple yet aggressive!" Enjoy this new exciting DVD by Simon Williams. Let the famouns Grandmaster from England show you how to gain a very exciting yet well founded opening game with the London System (1.d4 d5 2.Bf4).
The Modern Pirc
by Viktor Bologan
The Modern Pirc is actually a mixture of the Caro-Kann and the Pirc. In many lines Black combines the ideas of the classical Pirc in which the fianchettoed bishop is important with the Caro-Kann idea to fight for the center with c6-d5.
The Triangle Setup - A complete defense against 1.d4
by Michal Krasenkow
The polish GM Michal Krasenkow presents a repertoire based on the Noteboom and the Stonewall. Black’s set-up may lead to a whole range of different and interesting positions, which help the black player to broaden his strategic and tactical understanding.
The Accelerated London with 2.Bf4
by Nigel Davies
On this DVD Nigel Davies explores these fascinating plans which give the London System a lot of bite and offer scope for creativity.