A solid Scandinavian Surprise
On this 60 mins video we are going to concentrate on a simple, very solid idea in the main line Scandinavian, which even Magnus Carlsen has used to win games. Black focusses on making his life easy in the opening and forces White to work very hard to get advantage – but it is doubtful if White can get an advantage. Club players are always on the lookout for effective, time-saving solutions and here we have just that. Accompany FIDE Senior Trainer and IM Andrew Martin on this 60 mins video. You can learn a new opening system in 60 mins and start to play it with confidence on the very same day!
Minimum: Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1, DirectX11, graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 14/Fritz 16 or included Reader and internet access for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel i5 (Quadcore), 4 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX11, graphics card with 512 MB RAM or more, 100% DirectX10-compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet access for program activation.
- Scandinavian with 3...Qd8
- 01: 1.e4 d5 2.exd5 Qxd5 3.Nc3 Qd8 - INTRO [03:23]
- 02: 4.d4 Nf6 5.Nf3 Bg4 6.h3 Bxf3 7.Qxf3 c6 8.Ne2 e6 - Caruana,F - Carlsen,M [09:26]
- 03: 4.d4 Nf6 5.Nf3 Bg4 6.h3 Bxf3 7.Qxf3 c6 8.Qd3 e6 - Karjakin,S - Iotov,V [08:09]
- 04: 4.d4 Nf6 5.Nf3 Bg4 6.h3 Bxf3 7.Qxf3 c6 8.Be3 e6 Part 1 - Badev,K - Djukic,N [05:47]
- 05: 4.d4 Nf6 5.Nf3 Bg4 6.h3 Bxf3 7.Qxf3 c6 8.Be3 e6 Part 2 - Kovacevic,A - Georgiev,K [12:07]
- 06: 4.d4 Nf6 5.Nf3 Bg4 6.h3 Bxf3 7.Qxf3 c6 8.Be3 e6 Part 3 - Milliet,S - McDonald,N [09:28]
- 07: Summary mainline [00:45]
- 08: 4.Nf3 Bg4 5.h3 Bxf3 6.Qxf3 c6 7.Bc4 Nf6 8.0-0 e6 - Karatorossian,D - Sulskis,S [08:02]
- 09: 4.Nf3 Bg4 5.h3 Bxf3 6.Qxf3 c6 7.Ne4 e6 8.d3 Nd7 - Shirazi,K - Le Roux,J [06:37]
- 10: 4.Bc4 Nf6 5.d3 Bg4 6.f3 Bd7 7.Nge2 e6 8.0-0 Be7 - Huesmann,T - Paunovic,D [04:56]
- 11: Summary [01:01]
Often ordered with...
The London System with 2.Bf4
by Simon Williams
"Simple yet aggressive!" Enjoy this new exciting DVD by Simon Williams. Let the famouns Grandmaster from England show you how to gain a very exciting yet well founded opening game with the London System (1.d4 d5 2.Bf4).
The Accelerated London with 2.Bf4
by Nigel Davies
On this DVD Nigel Davies explores these fascinating plans which give the London System a lot of bite and offer scope for creativity.
The Elephant Gambit
by Andrew Martin
Let Andrew Martin select a repertoire for you on this 60 mins, which, if used with discretion, will rack up the points.