Realizing an Advantage
€25.13 without VAT (for Customers outside the EU)
$30.91 (without VAT)
It’s a problem every player encounters when he stands better in a game: how to convert his plus into a full point? In this DVD the author answers this difficult question of chess strategy, considering both the psychological aspects of the realisation of an advantage and the technical methods.
The following issues are taken into account and carefully explained: selecting the correct plan, importance of the centre and space advantage, domination, the principle of two weaknesses, changing the pawn structure, converting one type of the advantage into another, king activity in the endgame and middlegame. Special attention is paid to the problem of piece exchange as part of the realisation of an advantage. This DVD is based on the games and positions from the practice of the world champions, strong grandmasters and of course the author himself. The quiz part of the disk contains 9 positions where you can test your freshly acquired knowledge on the subject. Recommended for players of all levels and ages.
• Video running time: 5 h 11 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Extra: Database with further examples
• Including CB Reader
Minimum: Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1, DirectX11, graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 14/Fritz 16 or included Reader and internet access for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel i5 (Quadcore), 4 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX11, graphics card with 512 MB RAM or more, 100% DirectX10-compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet access for program activation.
- 01: Introduction [16:40]
- 02: Creating correct plans part 1 - Smyslov,V - Panov,V [25:30]
- 03: Creating correct plans part 2 - Tiviakov,S - Moiseenko,A [13:57]
- 04: Creating correct plans part 3 - Yakovich,Y - Polovodin,I [17:15]
- Center and space advantage
- 05: Importance of center and space- Smyslov,V - Euwe,M [23:09]
- 06: Domination part 1 - Smyslov,V - Reshevsky,S [09:38]
- 07: Domination part 2- Tiviakov,S - Anand,V [12:26]
- How to exploit two weaknesses
- 08: Two weaknesses part 1- Fischer,R - Taimanov,M [06:45]
- 09: Two weaknesses part 2- Kotov,A - Pilnik,H [06:04]
- 10: Two weaknesses part 3- Razuvaev,Y - Kirov,N [04:59]
- Pawn structure
- 11: Pawn structure part 1- Smyslov,V - Tal,M [21:01]
- 12: Pawn structure part 2- Petrosian,T - Botvinnik,M [15:29]
- 13: Pawn structure part 3- Tiviakov,S - Ly,M [08:29]
- Converting one type of advantage into another
- 14: Converting one type of advantage into another- Fischer,R - Petrosian,T, Smyslov,V - Bronstein,D [20:04]
- 15: Exchanges part 1- Smyslov,V - Euwe,M; Boleslavsky,I - Smyslov,V [21:57]
- 16: Exchanges part 2- Tiviakov,S - Firmansyah,F [09:15]
- 17: Exchanges part 3- Tiviakov,S - Fendereski,N [08:16]
- 18: Exchanges part 4- Tiviakov,S - Plaskett,J [02:38]
- King's activity
- 19: King's activity - Short,N - Timman,J, Rublevsky,S - Spraggett,K, Tiviakov,S - Rozentalis,E, Xie,J - Taimanov,M [18:28]
- 20: Conclusion [01:58]
- Test section
- 21: Test 1 - Panchenko,A - Westerinen,H [01:57]
- 22: Test 2 - Kholmov,R - Jakobsen,O [02:13]
- 23: Test 3 - Steinitz,W - Von Bardeleben,C [02:49]
- 24: Test 4 - Rajkovic,D - Muse,M [02:28]
- 25: Test 5 - Geller,E - Smyslov,V [02:38]
- 26: Test 6 - Tsvetkov,A - Smyslov,V [02:58]
- 27: Test 7 - Smyslov,V - Golombek,H [03:47]
- 28: Test 8 - Ljubojevic,L - Karpov,A [02:57]
- 29: Test 9 - Zahodjakin study [02:37]
Often ordered with...
Pattern Recognition and Typical Plans
by Adrian Mikhalchishin
On this DVD GM Adrian Mikhalchishin presents games of the World Champions of the past to explain typical patterns and strategic concepts of these games and to show how grandmasters apply these ideas today.
The London System with 2.Bf4
by Simon Williams
"Simple yet aggressive!" Enjoy this new exciting DVD by Simon Williams. Let the famouns Grandmaster from England show you how to gain a very exciting yet well founded opening game with the London System (1.d4 d5 2.Bf4).
Pawn structures you should know
by Adrian Mikhalchishin
Every pawn structure has its typical plans and to know these plans helps you to find your way in these positions. On this DVD Mikhalchishin presents and explains the most common central structures: The Hedgehog, the Maroczy, Hanging pawns and the Isolani.
The Art of Defence
by Sergei Tiviakov
The purpose of this DVD is to explain the viewer all main methods of defence: exchanging pieces, creating a fortress, eliminating dangerous enemy pieces, escaping the danger zone with the king, improving the position of the pieces.
Typical mistakes by 1600-1900 players
by Nicholas Pert
Some mistakes repeat themselves often in amateur games. With themes such as "Miscalculating Forcing Lines", "Being Too Materialistic" and "King Safety" Nick Pert shows you how to avoid making typical mistakes.