|System:||Windows 7 or higher|
Minimum: Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1, DirectX11, graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 14/Fritz 16 or included Reader and internet access for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel i5 (Quadcore), 4 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX11, graphics card with 512 MB RAM or more, 100% DirectX10-compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet access for program activation.
The editor’s top ten
1. Finally winning Wijk! Wesley So presents his game against Wojtaszek and explains why victory in the classic tournament in the Netherlands was so important to him.
2. An “oddball” idea: Levon Aronian explains how with 8.Na3 in the Catalan he achieved a brilliant win against Giri.
3. French aggression: attack together with Simon Williams "Move by Move“ – just like Ju Wenjun did in her victory over Hou Yifan!
4. Spanish temptation: let Rainer Knaak show you how to entice your opponent into the 7.Ng5 trap with 6...d7-d6.
5. “Raving Rooks”: along with Oliver Reeh light some tactical fireworks with double threats and multi-purpose moves (interactive video).
6. For and against the Bogo-Indian: GM Postny sums up the trends of recent years and shows you what is at present recommended.
7. „Portuguese Scandinavian“: let Petra Papp show you how best to meet the gambit 1.e4 d5 2.exd5 Nf6 3.d4 Bg4.
8. A "mad way to win“: Anish Giri explains how he got Andreikin into trouble with the Scotch and what brilliant engine move he missed at the end.
9. Fantastically shattered: enjoy Rapport's brilliancy against So in Daniel King’s video analysis.
10. Surprise in the Queen’s Indian: let top Swiss player Yannick Pelletier unravel Aronian's 9.Be1 (video).
Recommendations for your repertoire
Lampert: English A32 (Recommendation for White)
Krasenkow: English A34 (Recommendation for Black)
Moskalenko: Dutch Defence A80 (Recommendation for Black)
Papp: Scandinavian Defence B01 (Recommendation for White)
Breutigam: Pirc Defence B08 (Recommendation for Black)
Petrov: Sicilian Defence B23 (Recommendation for White)
Szabo: Sicilian Defence B53 (Recommendation for Black)
Ris: French Defence C11 (Recommendation for White)
Kuzmin: Queen's Gambit D37 (Recommendation for Black)
Marin: Slav/Grünfeld D90 (Recommendation for Black)
Stohl: Catalan E06 (Recommendation for both sides)