• World Championship Sochi: It cost Carlsen a lot of effort to gain his 6.5:4.5 victory..The seconds Peter Heine Nielsen and Radek Wojtaszek have each annotated a game. Daniel King’s 11 daily summaries in video format are also something you should not miss!
• London Chess Classic: Anand was in surprisingly good form right after the wch and managed to decide the tournament in his favour. Kramnik has annotated his game against Nakamura. In addition there are two daily video summaries by Daniel King.
• Qatar Open: The Chinese player Yu Yangyi defeated in succession the two leaders Giri and Kramnik and won the strongly contested open with 7.5 out of 9. The 20-year old has annotated these two wins for this issue!
• Moscow Petrosian Memorial: With his clear victory (5.5 out of 7) Grischuk made the leap over the Elo barrier of 2800. With games annotated by Krasenkow, Marin, Postny, and Roiz.
• 12 Opening articles with new repertoire ideas!
Illingworth: Reti Opening – Part 2
Moskalenko: Pirc Defence 4.f4
Kuzmin: Sicilian Paulsen 7.Qd3
GM Teimour Radjabov: "I have been using CBM for a long time and it is very useful, because you can see all the recent games, annotated by the best players in the world."
GM Garry Kasparow (World Champion 1985-2000): "ChessBase is the greatest development for chess since the invention of the printing press."
GM Vishy Anand (World Champion 2007 – 2013): "ChessBase has changed the chess world forever. It is more or less unthinkable now not to work with it."
GM Adrian Mikhalchishin: "I like CBM in different ways - as a reader, I prefer the Endgame Corner by Karsten Mueller - really well done. As a trainer, I use CBM Tactics to warm up my pupils, sometimes Opening Surveys, which are useful for certain openings and sometimes Strategy, the subjects of which are always instructive."
GM Daniel King: "ChessBase is essential for instant access to past games, allowing one to prepare new ideas for the future."
GM Dorian Rogozenko: "ChessBase is an absolute must-have tool, whether you want to get to the top, or just improve your chess understanding at any level."
GM Le Quang Liem: "ChessBase is amazing, great software for chess players. It has changed the way chess players prepare and study chess – a very good thing for us."
GM Rustam Kasimdzhanov: "Nowadays I don’t know a single chess player, amateur or 2800, that does not use ChessBase, and for good reason."
GM Vishy Anand (World Champion 2007 – 2013): "ChessBase 15 - awesome! Love the reference and the replay so far. The search booster alone makes life better!"
Anish Giri: „ChessBase is the software you really need. It is definitely essential and useful.“
GM Maxime Vachier Lagrave: "I grew up when ChessBase was almost the only web site for chess, and it help me to follow tournaments, when I was a kid. Of course I still use the software."